Home

Updates


Stories

Drabbles

Poetry


Manips

lj icons



darkhavens lj

bloodclaim lj



bloodclaim

links


email me



First Family Reunion



Angel had just about given up on them when Spike and Xander finally came through the swinging doors into the dimly lit demon bar, hidden deep in the heart of downtown LA.

They crossed the room hip to hip, shoulders brushing as they leaned in to trade whispers and private smiles. Angel watched them approach, and, as happened every time he saw them together, he was envious of their closeness, their obvious love for each other. That beautiful blond demon had been his once, a very long time ago. His Wil would have done anything he asked, because he had loved Angel with all the humanity Angel had failed to beat out of him. He knew that now, and was glad that Spike had finally found someone who wanted and returned that love a hundredfold.

He'd first learnt about Spike and Xander becoming a couple when Buffy had called, furious, demanding that he come immediately to Sunnydale and do something before Xander ended up dead or worse. It had taken him several puzzled moments to establish that Spike wasn't trying to kill Xander but was in fact dating him. He'd missed several minutes of the conversation at that point, trying to wrap his head around Xander 'I Hate All Vampires' Harris getting involved with William The Bloody, chip or no, and then insisted on talking to Giles before he jumped in the car and came racing to the rescue.

Giles had explained that no, Spike didn't appear to have coerced Xander into anything, and that it had actually been Xander who had made the first move, inviting Spike out on a date. Angel had then hung up and made a call to Xander, causing them both untold embarrassment as he tried to establish that Xander really was okay with the whole undead-demon-vampire-in his-bed scenario. Once he was convinced, he had made certain that Xander knew how much trouble he would be in if he hurt the chipped vampire, before extracting a promise to never ever tell Spike what had just passed between them.

He had assumed, wrongly, that it was just another of Xander's ill-fated demon-magnet related relationships. He'd been surprised when they bought the house, and even more so when he'd heard through the demonic grapevine that Spike was actually earning an income from something related to Xander's woodworking hobby.

Things had been quiet for several years then, until the phone call that had stunned him into silence...

A squeal from the woman sitting next to him drew Angel back to the present, and he watched stoically as Dru jumped up and ran the remaining few feet to where they stood waiting.

"Spike! And you brought my Kitten just like you promised. Daddy said you wouldn't come." She pouted prettily, and accepted the kisses bestowed upon her by the smiling couple.

"It's been thirty years since we saw you Dru, but even if it hadn't been, I'd never stand you up, you know that. Might be a bit late now and again because someone..." He looked sideways at Xander who shrugged and blew him a kiss. "...Won't let me out of bed while there's still lube in the tube, but I'll always show up eventually. And no matter what the Broody one here says, he knows it." Angel growled but, as usual, was ignored by everyone. "Every time he's called we've come running. That was part of the agreement, remember? The Powers would take my bloody chip out, and make sure Xander kept his soul, and we'd keep an eye on the Cleveland Hellmouth and help out the Poof when he needed extra undead muscle."

"Yeah. And what's with that, Great Grandsire?" Xander smirked at the pained expression on Angel's face. That name was even better than the now retired 'Deadboy' for getting under Angel's skin. He used it often. "The first few years you called us every couple of months to come and haul your ass out of the fire. Now we don't hear anything from one year to the next. Anyone would think you don't love us no more." He pouted, and Dru's tinkling laugh caused heads to turn at nearby tables.

"Silly Kitten. You don't let him play so he doesn't call. But the stars say I can come home now, so we can be a proper family. I'll stay with Daddy so he won't be lonely when you visit. It will be such fun!"