Home

Updates


Stories

Drabbles

Poetry


Manips

lj icons



darkhavens lj

bloodclaim lj



bloodclaim

links


email me



Halloween Gift



Author: darkhavens
Pairing: Spike/Xander
Rating: NC-17
Feedback: darkhavens @ slashverse.com
Website: http://darkhavens.slashverse.com/
Disclaimer: Not mine, never will be. No harm, no foul, no money made.
Summary: The first of two linked Halloween fics where the boys celebrate in their own inimitable style, with a little magical help.
Notes: Written for Fall For SX at LiveJournal

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Xander had spent the last few weeks making disagreeable noises and issuing complaints about Dawnie's upcoming Halloween party, at first because, hey, Halloween? Not a good holiday for him. But then he'd had The Idea, and no matter how he'd tried to ignore it, it just wouldn't go away and leave him alone. It haunted him at work, at home, while curled in bed around his love. It even tried to get his attention a few times in the midst of wild monkey sex, which was damn distracting and had earned him a spanking the last time his mind wandered while he was being expertly blown. Not that getting spanked by Spike was a hardship, but still...

And now it was time to put the plan into action. He'd managed to sneak off last week to buy the outfit, and was quite proud of the fact that he'd only blushed once or twice during the fittings and explanations. Who knew leather trousers could be so hard to get into? He had a feeling that the 'out of' part of the equation wouldn't be much of a problem later on, though having to ask for help in the store had been rather embarrassing, and not only because the salesman kept asking for his phone number.

So. It was time. He'd told Spike he'd be late home from work and convinced the vampire to get on over to the Summers' house early to help Dawn set up the bowls of 'eyeballs' and 'intestines' and other weird foodstuffs disguised as body parts. Now he just had to wait for Willow and Tara to arrive and make with the magic. Tara magic, not Willow magic, because, well, just... no. No Willow magic, no matter how hurt she'd been when he'd broached the idea and then asked Tara to come up with the necessary spells.

A hesitant knock drew him to the door and he paused to take a deep breath before opening it to face his best friend and her earth-mother girlfriend.

"Hey, witchy women, welcome to casa del Spike and Xander. I hope you brought all the spell ingredients with you. There's not a newt's eye left in the house 'cause Spike got peckish last night and emptied the cupboards."

Tara smiled softly, and Willow hesitated for a moment before stepping forward and poking him in the chest.

"Don't think just because I'm here and not mad that I've forgiven you, mister. You took tactlessness to a whole new level with the way you snuck behind my back to ask Tara about this. You could've just said..."

"I was asking Tara if she could do it, not if she would. I just didn't want to hurt you and then find out that it was impossible anyway. You're my Wills, my best friend."

Puppy Eyes duelled for a moment with Resolve Face, and then they were hugging fiercely. A few intense minutes of incomprehensible-to-most babble later, they finally pulled apart and turned identical sheepish grins on a patiently waiting Tara.

Xander held his arms outspread and tilted his head to one side. "So, ladies, how do you want me?"

~~~~~

The party was in full swing by the time they got there, and Xander held back to let the girls go in first. Their costumes were also magical but much less complicated than his. The wizened faces, warts and hooked-beak noses of the crones they had become would make the younger trick-or-treaters squeal with glee, but they had explained that they were really paying homage to powerful goddesses of their craft.

Xander smoothed shaking hands down leather-clad thighs and swallowed hard. He really hoped Willow had had a chance to corner Buffy and make with the quick explanations so there wouldn't be any problems once he plucked up the courage to go in. He counted to one hundred elephants in his head, straightened his shoulders, and then pushed open the door.

He barely made it over the threshold before Spike was there in front of him, in gameface, hand outstretched to pull him close... They both froze.

Spike's eyes glowed with golden fire as he registered the changes that had occurred since he'd said goodbye to his human lover just that morning.

~~~~~

"Xan? What...?"

The leather was a pleasant surprise. Spike had known the boy was up to something with the badly excused trips into town and the 'working late' line earlier today, and the curiosity had nearly driven him mad, but this...

"Xander, love, what have you done?"

Xander swallowed and squirmed at the frown building between dark blue eyes, and then, concentrating hard, morphed into gameface, muttering through unfamiliar fangs.

"S...Surprise?"

~~~~~

Xander wasn't sure that anyone inside had actually had a chance to see his Halloween costume before Spike had strong-armed him backwards out the door and into a shadowed corner of the porch. He stood, waiting quietly for Spike to finish growling out an impressive string of curse words in several different languages, at least one of them demonic, but gave up when he recognised a phrase that he'd heard not five minutes before. He wasn't waiting through the repeats.

"Spike..."

"I'm not done being angry! What the hell did you think you were playing at, letting Red do something as crazy as this? What happens if we can't get you back the way you were, eh? You'll be stuck like this and I can't protect you properly and..."

"Spike, chill. It wasn't Willow. I asked Tara."

Spike stopped his pacing and ranting and peered suspiciously at Xander.

"Red had nothing to do with it? You're sure?"

"I told Willow she couldn't help, and Tara promised not to let her even try. She's been pouting all week, haven't you noticed?" But of course he hadn't. He'd been too busy watching his boy and wondering what was going on inside that convoluted brain of his. And now he knew. He'd been plotting to become a vampire for...

"How long does this spell last, pet? Should I take you home now and shag the body heat back into you, or will it last longer than this stupid party?"

Xander caught sight of Dawn's face pressed against the window next to them and hoped she hadn't heard her party being described as stupid. Especially by her latest hero.

"Thirty six hours, Spike. I should wake up on Tuesday morning as a real boy again; body heat, heartbeat and all. So the shagging can wait until later, okay? I promise I wont forget."

~~~~~

Spike paused, cock buried deep inside the best thing that had ever happened to him. He'd lost count of the times they'd both come, and he hoped he remembered to thank the white witch for including vampiric constitution and recovery time in her spell, but right now he wanted to see, needed to see, his beautiful boy ridged and furrowed and fanged as he lost control and once again screamed out his pleasure.

"Show me, luv. Let me see your face again. Please."

Xander's features twisted and warped and razor-sharp fangs dropped down as his eyes turned to molten gold. Spike slammed his hips forward again and again and again.

They both screamed.

next