Home

Updates


Stories

Drabbles

Poetry


Manips

lj icons



darkhavens lj

bloodclaim lj



bloodclaim

links


email me



Discoveries



Spike watched Xander blush at Tara's wink and then fade to a chalky white when his gaze slid across to Willow. His heart was racing so fast the individual beats were barely distinguishable. He was practically humming, and he only began to calm down when Tara followed his line of vision and then shook her head gently. Her expression as she did so, however, made it clear in no uncertain terms that if Xander didn't tell his oldest friend what was going on, she would do it for him.

The wordless conversation amused Spike until Tara turned in her seat and skewered him with a look that fairly screamed 'I know you find this funny, but if I tell Willow, who do you think will be first in front of the firing squad?' He nodded once to assure her he'd received her message loud and clear and then turned his attention back to Xander.

To Spike's continued amusement, Xander was working hard at not acknowledging his new lover's presence, and Spike took the opportunity to study him without distraction.

He'd filled out nicely in the last year or so, thanks to the construction work, and the muscular look was even better on him than the swimmers physique he had been sporting the first time Spike had met him. Okay, so they hadn't been formally introduced, and Spike had been more than a little distracted by Angel pretending to be the soulless Angelus, not to mention the Slayer hanging around, but Spike had still taken a moment to check out the tasty morsel he'd been offered in the school halls before everything went to hell in a hand basket.

Still, he thought it probably best that they had waited until now. What Dru would have done to the boy if Spike had taken him back to the factory that night just didn't bear thinking about. She was never very careful with her toys, and that included himself. No, it was better off all round that they had come together now, when Xander had a few more years under his belt and a better idea of what he would be getting into. And, he admitted silently, if he hadn't got this bloody chip stuck in his head, he would never have bothered with the human unless it was to screw him bloody and then drain him, maybe leave him as a present on the Slayer's doorstep.

Spike stiffened at the discovery that he actually had a reason to be grateful for the chip, and quickly shrugged it off. It was way too early in the game to be making snap judgements like that. And even if there was reason to be thankful, that didn't mean he still wouldn't enjoy eviscerating every single one of those bastards that was responsible for putting the damned thing in there. He was William the Bloody, one quarter of the Scourge of Europe, and they'd managed to turn him into the domesticated vampire pet of the Slayer. They would pay...

A hand on his shoulder brought him out of his blood-soaked reverie and Spike realised Xander was standing in front of him looking worried. His body was angled to make sure no-one could see he was actually touching the vampire, but Spike knew he must have been very concerned to have crossed the room in front of all his friends to make sure his secret lover was okay.

"I'm going to get some juice. Does anybody want anything to drink?" He listened to the chorus of 'juice, juice, coffee, nothing for me, thank you' and then turned back. "Spike, I think Giles still has some blood in the freezer." Xander glanced back around the room and saw that Buffy was frowning and Giles looked disgruntled. "We do still owe you for the tip you gave us last week about the demon nest in that warehouse."

Buffy muttered something under her breath that Spike was very tempted to reply to, just to see her blush, but he was more interested in figuring out a way to join Xander in the kitchen.

"Of course I want some blood. It's owed. And you don't want to be in debt to me, now do you Watcher?" Giles ignored him and returned his attention to the text before him, only to look up once again when Spike rose to follow Xander into the kitchen.

"What? You think I trust him to get the right temperature? Drinking pigs blood is bad enough, but drinking tepid pigs blood is just not on."

Xander spun around as soon as they were safely in the kitchen and pinned Spike with a worried glare.

"What was going on out there? First, Tara takes one look at us and figures out we've been getting horizontal, then you get all fangy and yellowy eyed." He blanched. "You... You weren't thinking of doing something to stop Tara saying anything were you?"

Spike stiffened, but didn't get a chance to open his mouth.

"No, no of course, you weren't. Sorry. You like her. I know that. But something set you off and if it wasn't Tara I don't know what it was. Was it me, trying not to look at you?"

Xander lifted a hand and ran his thumb over Spike's scarred eyebrow. Spike shook his head, but gently, so as not to lose contact with that petting hand.

"I can't look at you when everyone else is in the room with us, Spike, because I know they'll be able to see how badly I want to touch you; how badly I want to kiss you..."

He leaned in and followed word with deed, fluttering soft kisses across Spike's cheeks and chin and finally connecting with his lips, where he happily focussed his attention.

Spike kept one ear trained on the door, just in case someone decided to join them, and let himself sink into the kiss, one hand cupping the back of Xander's skull, tangled in mink soft hair, and the other riding low in the dip of his back, just resting on the swell of his delightful arse.

The hand that had been stroking Spike's face moved slightly to cradle the side of his head as Xander increased the pressure of his lips, and his other hand curled tight around a jutting hip, thumb hooked neatly into a belt loop.

They stayed like that for several minutes, just tasting and reassuring each other, enjoying the quiet moment. It didn't last. Spike heard movement just beyond the door and pulled back quickly, trying to put space between himself and Xander before someone walked in on them. Unfortunately, Xander's thumb was firmly ensconced in the belt loop of Spike's jeans, and Xander was pulled off balance by the unexpected movement. Consequently, Giles entered the kitchen to find Xander and Spike very closely entangled and wearing matching expressions of guilty arousal.

He'd been afraid something like this was going to happen...


next